Robert Howard Forman, Senior Consultant
Ranked as Star Associate in Chambers and Partners for a third successive year, and recommended by Legal 500, in Professional Discipline, Robert is an experienced Professional Discipline solicitor, with particular expertise in the field of Solicitors’ Professional Discipline & Regulation.
Chambers 2018 say, ‘Robert Forman specialises in defending solicitors in SDT proceedings and SRA investigations. Clients state: “He has a very impressive forensic ability to go through the evidence, and is obviously a specialist in what he does.”
Legal 500 2017 say, ‘Robert Forman … is noted for his ‘superb acumen and industry knowledge’, ‘excellent communication skills’ and ‘tailored advice’.
Robert also has experience of training COLPs and COFAs providing advanced level MBL Seminars on Solicitors Regulation, Professional Discipline & Professional Indemnity Insurance. He was appointed by the SRA as external advisor to the SRA Compensation Arrangements Review 2012-2014 to give insight from a Defence Practitioner’s perspective.
Robert is a member of the Lawyers Defence Group, the Solicitors Assistance Scheme and the Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers. His fields of practice include:
- Solicitors’ Professional Discipline & Regulation
- SRA Investigations specialist
- SDT specialist
- Appeals to the Administrative Court
- Professional Indemnity Insurance Coverage Investigations
Robert Qualified as a solicitor 1997.
Some of Robert’s cases :
- Solicitors Regulation Authority v Kadurugamuwa  Court of Appeal - Successfully resisted SRA application for permission to appeal
- SRA v A [Apr 2018] - SDT - Representing Principal of defunct firm Asons
- SRA v N [Jan 2018] - SDT - Solicitor with dishonesty finding allowed to continue in practice
- SRA v S [Jan 2018] - SDT - RSA agreed withdrawing allegations of dishonesty against solicitor following psychiatric evidence, notwithstanding earlier admission
- SRA v M [Dec 2017] - SDT - Solicitor with dishonesty finding allowed to continue in practice
- Solicitors Regulation Authority v Kadurugamuwa  EWHC 2245 (Admin) – Successfully defended appeal against an SDT order
- Kiani v Solicitors Regulation Authority  EWHC 1981 (Admin) (QBD (Admin)) – Successful appeal against SDT decision to strike off a solicitor
- SRA : Successful appeals against refusals to admit prospective solicitors to the Roll
- SRA : Only known successful application to SRA in history ordering leading Indemnity Insurer to indemnify an insured solicitor
- Insurance arbitration : Enforcing a partner’s indemnity cover against leading Indemnity Insurer after partner denied cover
- Acting for ex-president of the CIOT before the Taxation Disciplinary Board Tribunal
Contributor to the Solicitors Handbook by Gregory Treverton-Jones QC & Andrew Hopper QC
You can contact Robert at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org