Services for other Professionals
We also act for other professionals requiring assistance with regulatory or disciplinary matters including :-
- Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) investigations and disciplinary proceedings
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) & Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) investigations, complaints and proceedings before the Disciplinary Tribunal of the Taxation Disciplinary Board
- CILEX investigations/proceedings before the Professional Conduct Panel or the Disciplinary Tribunal
- Notaries Public, the Faculty Office and the Court of Faculties
- Paralegals and others regulated by the SRA or another frontline regulator
Case Study 1
Following a complaint by the CIOT & ATT, we acted for the former president of the CIOT in disciplinary proceedings brought by the Taxation Disciplinary Board at its Tribunal. In the course of the proceedings we persuaded the TDB to drop an allegation of acting without integrity as well as one other allegation of a breach of a rule. Upon appearing at the Tribunal, we secured confidentiality from the public domain of sensitive written submissions made.
Case Study 2
We acted for a member of CILEx in the matter of a self-report to CILEx Regulation of a failure to declare prior events. Following substantive representations, the matter was referred to the Professional Conduct Panel who decided to take no further action.