Assessment of Character and Suitability Rules 2019 issues
What Happens on a Suitability Test?
The SRA applies its Suitability Test to determine whether a person is fit and proper to be admitted to the roll of solicitors, be authorised as a Compliance Officer, or as a Manager of an SRA regulated entity.
Who Do We Act For?
We act for solicitors, prospective solicitors and prospective non-lawyer Managers where the Assessment of Character and Suitability Rules 2019 apply including:-
- Applications for approval of COLPs and COFAs;
- Applications for approval of non-lawyer Managers;
- Applications for Admission to the Roll by prospective solicitors; and
- Applications for Restoration to the Roll.
What Do We Do?
We’ll guide you through the relevant rules and any application forms required to be filed.
We’ll be able to advise whether something is disclosable and if it is, how it’s best to go about doing this, what other evidence and references you will need, and what other steps you’ll need to take.
Why choose us?
We’ve acted for many individuals over the years, a few examples of which are given below :-
- Acting on the successful application of an individual to be appointed COLP of a top 100 law firm with a disciplinary history; and
- Successful appeals against SRA refusal to admit solicitors with criminal records, including of theft and drugs offences.
If you want us on your team, e-mail or speak to Andrew Blatt on 07973 752498, Robert Forman on 07976 562236 or Nick Trevette on 07976 795014.